Hanging Wall Art - Tips
1. Choose the right hardware: When it comes to hanging wall art, selecting the right hardware is crucial. Make sure to choose screws or nails that are designed for hanging, such as picture hangers or heavy-duty hooks.
3. Check the weight: Before hanging your artwork, you need to make sure you know its weight. Make sure to select the appropriate hardware based on the weight of your artwork.
6. Locate the studs: If you are hanging heavy artwork, it's important to locate the studs in your wall. This will provide extra support and prevent the artwork from falling off the wall. You can use a stud finder or knock on the wall to find the studs. Finding the studs is important as you need to know what you're screwing into, hopefully wood behind the immediate wall.
6. Use anchors: If you can't find a stud or if you're hanging lightweight artwork, use anchors to ensure the screws or nails stay secure in the wall.
7. Hang at eye level: The general rule of thumb is to hang artwork at eye level. This means the centre of the artwork should be at around 57-60 inches from the ground. A mistake is hanging too high, you shouldn't be looking up to view your artwork unless the art is above a buffet or bedhead.
8. Level the artwork: Use a level to ensure your artwork is straight. This will help you avoid any unwanted crookedness or tilting.
9. Check for stability: Once you've hung your artwork, give it a gentle tug to ensure it's secure and won't fall off the wall. If it feels unstable, make any necessary adjustments to the hardware or positioning.
Hanging wall art may seem daunting, but with the right hardware and a little bit of know-how, it's easy to create a beautiful and secure display!